Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Prayer for God~

Today God, let me pray for you instead of praying for myself. You have a big day on your hands. Mouths to feed. Calamities to suppress. It’s a big job being you. But look how remarkable you are! I am in awe of your leadership even while you seek to be my companion. I marvel at your serious wisdom even as you remember to laugh. I applaud your righteous hand even as you demonstrate mercy.Let me be more that kind of person. Let me remember, always, that I was created in your image and not the other way around. Therefore, let my knees hit the ground more swiftly when I contemplate all that you are. Let me ask for less. And let me be profoundly grateful just for the chance to gaze into your beautiful face…to be held in your mighty hand. jk

No comments:

Post a Comment