Sunday, April 25, 2010

SANCTUARY LIVING: ESSAYS BY DESIGN

Try Dreaming More With Your Eyes Open
by Janene Kraft

My 19-year-old dreamer, Cameron Kraft--this was not
posed but what he did when I asked what he really wanted in life!

I love to go to bed early just so I can dream. My dreams have always been vivid and I often remember them so clearly that when I awake, I weep at the loss of them.

Can you imagine dreaming of something so passionately that it makes you cry?
Most of us have heard that we can have anything we want if we…

Work hard enough

Go to school

Make enough money

Know the right people

Perservere

But there is really only one thing needed to get what we want—we have to KNOW WHAT we want!

THE DREAM is everything. We have to be connected with what I call our “Passionate Purpose.” Most of us go through life never being consciously, clearly aware of our desires.

Out of fear of being disappointed or lack of belief that we deserve it, we bury our dreams deep in our subconcious and allow the demands of the day to direct our paths. Instead of focusing on the WHAT we get busy with the HOW hoping that the flurry of activity will make us feel important and worthwhile.

But it is our dreams, not our distractions that guide us into becoming the whole, fulfilled, extraordinary people we were meant to be.

What is it you dream of? Do you know? Are you clear?
What is distracting you from living it?

Identifying what it is you’re really here for and eliminating everything that gets in the way is your ultimate gift to the world. Are you wondering what you can do to change the course of humanity? Try dreaming more with your eyes open.

No comments:

Post a Comment